Queued patches
Karl Relton
2008-09-23 18:30:23 UTC
Hi Solomon

Did Pavel's and Richard's proposed fixes get accepted?

http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-July/003853.html
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-August/003861.html

Currently Ubuntu Intrepid is shipping pre-releases using linux
2.6.27(-rcX) with broken prism drivers, most likely due to the issues
reported above.

Karl
Pavel Roskin
2008-09-23 21:04:55 UTC
Post by Karl Relton
Hi Solomon
Did Pavel's and Richard's proposed fixes get accepted?
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-July/003853.html
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-August/003861.html
My patch was accepted, but Richard's patch wasn't, as far as I can tell
from the code.
Post by Karl Relton
Currently Ubuntu Intrepid is shipping pre-releases using linux
2.6.27(-rcX) with broken prism drivers, most likely due to the issues
reported above.
My patch was just a compile fix. I cannot imagine how it could have
possibly resulted in broken drivers shipped by a distro (i.e. as
compiled binaries). If the code compiles, my patch is not needed. It
the code doesn't compile, no binaries are produced.
--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin
Richard Kennedy
2008-09-24 08:38:32 UTC
Post by Karl Relton
Currently Ubuntu Intrepid is shipping pre-releases using linux
2.6.27(-rcX) with broken prism drivers, most likely due to the issues
reported above.
My patch was just a compile fix. I cannot imagine how it could have
possibly resulted in broken drivers shipped by a distro (i.e. as
compiled binaries). If the code compiles, my patch is not needed. It
the code doesn't compile, no binaries are produced.
2.6.27-rcX changed the initialisation of net device and the existing
prism code oops as it no longer setup the device correctly.

My patch changes the code to use the kernel provided alloc_netdev()
which does the right thing & should avoid any problems if netdev get
changed again in the future.

regards
Richard
Karl Relton
2008-09-24 11:54:39 UTC
Post by Pavel Roskin
Post by Karl Relton
Currently Ubuntu Intrepid is shipping pre-releases using linux
2.6.27(-rcX) with broken prism drivers, most likely due to the issues
reported above.
My patch was just a compile fix. I cannot imagine how it could have
possibly resulted in broken drivers shipped by a distro (i.e. as
compiled binaries). If the code compiles, my patch is not needed. It
the code doesn't compile, no binaries are produced.
Sorry Pavel - didn't mean to malign you there. The point is that
currently Ubuntu has neither of these patches applied - which we know
(thanks to the work of yourself and Richard) is not good when the distro
is on a 2.6.27 kernel. In fact, as Richard says, without his patch we
get an oops.

I'm working at the Ubuntu end to get the incarnation of linux-wlan-ng
sorted.

Cheers
Karl
Mark S. Mathews
2008-09-24 12:34:28 UTC
Hi Karl (and other thread participants),

Solomon and I are both currently completely overwhelmed with very
serious work and family responsibilities (have been for some months).

We apologize for the lack of attention.

This week is particularly bad. Please be patient, we'll address all
of your comments/concerns next week.

Thanks and regards,
-Mark
Post by Karl Relton
Hi Solomon
Did Pavel's and Richard's proposed fixes get accepted?
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-July/003853.html
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-August/003861.html
Currently Ubuntu Intrepid is shipping pre-releases using linux
2.6.27(-rcX) with broken prism drivers, most likely due to the issues
reported above.
Karl
Mark S. Mathews

AbsoluteValue Systems Web: http://www.linux-wlan.com
721-D North Drive e-mail: ***@linux-wlan.com
Melbourne, FL 32934 Phone: 321.259.0737
USA Fax: 321.259.0286
Karl Relton

USA Fax: 321.259.0286
Solomon Peachy
2008-09-30 15:03:52 UTC
Post by Karl Relton
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-July/003853.html
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-devel/2008-August/003861.html
Pavel's patch was merged a while back, and I just merged Richard's.

Sorry about being incommunicado lately; life's been pretty screwy.

I'll roll a new release as soon as I have confirmation that git head
works on 2.6.27.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy ***@linux-wlan.com
AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com
Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
Karl Relton
2008-10-01 19:31:53 UTC
Post by Solomon Peachy
I'll roll a new release as soon as I have confirmation that git head
works on 2.6.27.
There are a few include file issues:

hfa384.c includes asm/semaphore.h
This is now to be found in linux/semaphore.h

prism2mgmt.c, prism2mib.c and prism2sta.c each include pcmia/version.h
which now no longer exists.

Also in hfa384.c, is asm/io.h really used at all. I've commented it out
to no ill effect!

Cheers
Karl