Can we redistribute ru010803.hex in linux-firmware.git?
Karl Relton
2009-05-09 20:31:20 UTC
Dear friends

The mainstream 'staging' version of this driver (which is usb only) will
hopefully have firmware upload support using request_firmware() in the
driver from 2.6.31. A working version with this is in Greg-KH's git tree
right now, queued up to flow into mainstream I would imagine once 2.6.30
is out the door.

Would it be possible to re-distribute the usb ram secondary firmware
file ru010803.hex in linux-firmware.git, which is the official
repository for collecting firmware images?

To have it included requires some kind of authorisation from someone who
can give it with reasonable authority. We would include the text that is
currently in src/prism2/README.firmware which would find its way into
the WHENCE file in the mainstream tree firmware directory.

Can the maintainer of linux-wlan-ng give that authorisation please?

Best regards
Karl
Mark S. Mathews
2009-05-10 00:15:01 UTC

[...]